Read the Latest Tournament News Below
To All ACM Tournament Trail Anglers:
The 2015 season has arrived and Anglers Choice is very excited about the upcoming year and all that lies ahead for this upcoming season. I want to take a second to cover a few things that have changed and give you some information to help make the 2015 season another great one out on the water.
1. The ACTTT will again be a part of the Toyota Tundra Team Championships and partner up with B.A.S.S. to give our anglers the opportunity to make the 2016 Bassmaster Classic and in case you have not heard one of our anglers, Brandon Gray, won the event last year and will be participating in the 2015 Bassmaster Classic. For this reason during the 2015 season, every angler that fishes the ACTTT will be required to pay a one-time $10 fee that will be submitted to B.A.S.S. for your membership in to this program. This will allow for more teams to qualify to go and fish for this opportunity at the end of the season and we will qualify our teams based on our points standings. With this fee you will be a member of the Toyota Tundra Team Championships and will receive a yearly subscription to B.A.S.S. Times with your paid membership.
2. The use of the Alabama Rig is now strictly prohibited in all of the ACTTT tournaments. This is a rule set forth by BASS since we are a part of the Toyota Team Championships and we are a qualifying trail that can send an angler to the Classic. The specific rule that is set forth by BASS can be found on the BASS web-site.
3. Just like last year, you can qualify to fish in one or both of the ACTTT classics for a chance to win a brand new boat. We will have a Ranger Classic and a Triton Classic. If you fish 4 out of the 8 qualifiers you can pick which classic you want to fish in. If you fish in 6 out of the 8 you have the option to fish both classics. Our points race that determines who qualifies to go to the Team Championships will consist of 6 out of the 8 tournaments. If you fish all 8 tournaments we will drop your lowest 2 scores to give you cumulative total.
4. Please pre-register for our tournaments that you know that you are coming to. With the added paperwork this year that is required by B.A.S.S. we need everybody to do this if possible. It assists us in planning for a tournament and creates shorter lines for us at the tournament site. All paperwork must be filled out completely before an angler can compete in an ACTTT tournament at the beginning of each season. You only have to fill out your paperwork one time for the season that you are fishing in. You can pre-register for our tournaments by calling the dealership at 276-632-5600 and ask for Tonya. She will assist you in getting registered for our tournaments. We ask that you do this before 12:00 (lunchtime) on the Thursday before the tournament. This will allow Tonya time to process all of the paperwork and get it to the tournament staff before we leave to get to the tournament site.
5. Please check and familiarize yourself with the tournament rules, it is your responsibility to know what all of the rules are and be aware of any state laws that may pertain to the lakes that we fish. Any rules violations could result in the disqualification of a team during a particular tournament.
As we get through the winter let’s be thankful for the opportunities that we have and thank those who give us these opportunities. I hope that everybody is getting excited about the upcoming season and plan to come fish with us. Please do not forget about the upcoming Open House and Kick Off show on February 13th and 14th at the dealership in Martinsville. There will be many bait vendors there as well as other things for all to enjoy, so bring the whole family and come spend the day with us at Angler’s Choice. I will see you out on the water and best of luck to Brandon Gray in the 2015 Bassmaster Classic as he represents all of us who fish this trail. It did not surprise me that one of our anglers made it all the way since we have the best fishermen in the country.Best Wishes,
Anglers Choice Marine Tournament Trail